wine-searcher

Wine Name:
Vintage:

Sunday 26 June 2011

CBV Vintners: 2010 Lafite offered before release

The ability to look into the future is a most useful skill as this email (15th June 2010) from Stephen Miles of CB Vintners shows. 11 days after Stephen Miles sent his email (26th June 2011) Lafite has yet to release its price for the 2010. It is also not know how much will be released.

If I was the recipient of this email I would decline Mr Miles' kind proposal despite his apparent ability to purchase 'the best and most sought after stock'.  

From: Stephen Miles
To: ***
Sent: Wed, June 15, 2011 5:13:55 PM
Subject: Your request for further information on fine wine investment




Dear •••

I hope that you are keeping well.

You recently requested some information on wine investment opportunities. Please see below our latest offer.

The 2010 Bordeaux vintage is in the process of being released at the en-primeur stage. The 2010 vintage is set to be one of the top 5 vintages of all time. The demands from all over the world and especially China are far exceeding the supply. In the last couple of years we have seen astronomical returns in a short period of time. In fact as an example from the spring of 2009 to date Lafite Rothschild 2008 has increased by 700%...I know amazing. The Chinese cannot get enough of this wine. As I have been operating within the market place now for 15 years, I am in a favourable position when it comes to purchasing the best and most sought after stock.

At this stage, I would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase up to 3 cases of the superb 2010 Lafite Rothschild. The price of each case will be £12,500. I believe that this wine – the most sought after wine in the world has the capability to double in value over the next year to 18 months if we observe the performance of previous vintage

I would recommend that you take advantage of the proposal that I am offering you.

I look forward to any questions that you may have. Please email me.

Kind Regards

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment